Change sender in flexi-task

Badge +11

I have a customer who would like the sender in the flexi-task to be something beside 'NintexWorkflow@...' because there are other systems that send out Nintex workflows. She'd like to be able to differenciate between the systems when the emails appear in her Inbox. If I change that to something more user-friendly, what else does it affect? We're here about 2 days from deployment time and I don't want to break the system. Can I put an alias there that still points to the old stand by?

Lisa

37 replies

Badge +11

No, we do not want a user to reply to the email and we do not want to change the farm settings. We just wanted to use an 'alias' or something for a more user friendly email. There are other sites that are running workflows that are sending Nintex emails. It helps to determine one application/site workflow email from another. So for example, there are going to be travel and budget email notifications flying around. So it would be nice for users to be able to tell which is which before they even open them. Yes, I have it in my subject, but the user wanted to see something differentiated in the 'From' as well.

Badge +6

Having a site or site collection level setting for notification sender alias with actual email unchanged (just like SharePoint Designer prepends the email with site name, right?) probably makes for a good idea on http://nintex.uservoice.com. I'll gladly support it there!

Badge +11

Ok so now Andrew, Mike and Alexey:

After all of the inputs, what do you think the best solution is?

Badge +17

I used a normal AD account.  Actually put email into the field and did a test on the flexi task and send notification.  Both didn't work.

By the way I'm using SP 2010 and Nintex WF 2010.

Badge +17

So I need to do something like this Workflow Alert <workflow_alerts@email.company.com> ?

If that email doesn't actually exist then it wouldn't do much good unless I put a do not reply on it.  Am I missing something here?

Badge +6

You are correct, Eric. No use putting unmonitored or non-existent accounts there. Prefer Distribution Lists over single accounts if reply processing is needed.

Badge +6

Well, you can see it works in NW2013. Are you sure you resolved the email correctly to the account? Did you use the "Select People and Groups" popup window?

Badge +11

Yes indeed. That would be great if they'd do that!!!!

Badge +11

I added it to uservoice! Ya'll go vote for it.

Badge +6

just voted. cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Toss the link to the user voice post on here and I'm sure it'll get more traffic happy.png

Badge +11

Here is the link to vote on my recommendation for Nintex to allow us to have an alias in the 'From' of the email notification:

http://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229405-1-nintex-workflow-for-sharepoint/suggestions/6862675-add-alias-for-nintex-email-notifications-for-sites

Thanks Mike! Thanks to ya'll who have and will vote!

Lisa