K2 Workspace is not opening

• 12 October 2011
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi there,

the K2 workspace is not browsing anything on my machine. when I click K2 blackpearl Workspace from start menu to open it, it only opens the workspace header and top menu bar (Home, management, Notification Events ...).

But when I click on any of the top menu items to open it, the workspace stucks busy without its rolling wheel.

I repaired K2 using K2 blackpearl Manager but the problem is still there.

Please help...

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Have you tried to clear your IE cache? Clear the cookies, Temp Internet files as well as the Preserved Favorites website data.

HTH

Vernon

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

also what browser are you using?

Badge +3

Hi

I am using IE8. I cleared everything from history (favorites, cookies, passwords etc), closed IE and reopened with workspace. But the problem was still there. It opened only K2 workspace top panel with menu bar.

It is a K2 standalone VM in my PC and have been very good since I built it, until yesterday.

When I open workspace and hover over any menu item it shows me following in the bottom IE status line:
"Downloading picture http://[server]/workspace/images/menu_hover_repeat.gif..."
again busy (no rolling wheel)...

something happened this morning when I again tried to open workspace, it opened the workspace top panel, without waiting further I clicked "Management > Management Console" and left it busy (to see what happens).
After about 10 minutes it opened K2 Management left panel. when I tried to browse through it, it again kept rolling its busy wheel and yet have been rolling since.

I think (but not sure of) there is something wrong in K2 databases.

How can i fix it, please?

Badge +3

I would say that workspace is opening things after keeping busy for 10-15 minutes. help please...

Badge +3

anything from Workflow Server is not opening at all. The workspace just goes busy with its wheel rolling and never come back even after 30 minutes. Other stuff from K2 Management does open however, once the Management Console opens.

would anyone help me in this regard? thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Think you will get much faster to a resolution with a K2 Support ticket. Do you know if the K2 Server is busy? Run the server in console and keep an eye on it. Also check how much memory and CPU the K2HostServer.exe is using in the task manager.

This type of scenarios are possible if for example you have a K2 role configured and you set the refresh interval to 0, then the K2 Server will be clogged up resolving the role the whole time and the result is you can’t access anything that needs to access the K2 Server. Like WS.

Vernon