Meet Condition of Invalidate (to End Invalidation) in Responsive Form

• 31 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

What I'm trying to set up in a Responsive form is that if an empty first field invalidates entry into a second field, then meeting the condition of the second field (i.e., entering something) ends the invalidation of the first field. In this case, I want people to enter a Started date before entering a Completed date. So if they enter Field 2 first (and Field 1 is empty), then Field 2 is invalidated.

6337iDFFA635E5201FFB3.png

6339i3DA4D65B5B011ACB.png

6340i0756EA1FDCBB2012.png

However, while I can Invalidate something, even if I meet the condition of the rule (e.g., I enter a Started date), the Invalidate doesn't end and I can't save. I've also explored other rule options (such as isNullorEmpty(ExtensionReviewStarted) and I can still make the Invalidate work, but I can't stop it. Is there any way in the responsive form to essentially "end" the Invalidate if the condition of the rule is met?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

How about using a rule to disable Field 2 until a date is entered into Field 1? When a date is entered into Field 1, then Field 2 becomes enabled and a date can be entered into it.

Badge +1

My team's tried it and I can verify disabling works.

What I'd like to figure out is if there's a way to work with the Invalidate function specifically (so getting that red flag in there). But definitely we can fall back on the disable approach if needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,

How about
and(isNullOrEmpty(date1),!isNullOrEmpty(date2))