Save and Continue with redirection - SHP2013 OnPremise

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I need to use this new feature but it seems not to work with redirection.

I am trying to use the Save and Continue, also I set "Close the form"= Yes and also set a redirection URL.

The behaviour is the following:

I click the "Save and continue" on the button

I am redirected to the set URL

but the item is not saved

Have anyone of you experienced this?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

What is your goal of your scenario? Save and continue basically saves the form (from new mode) and reopens it in edit mode so the user can go on editing but have his changes done so far saved to the list.

If that's your goal no further configuration is required.

Redirect however is used to redirect a user to some other point - a thank you page, a list or whatever.

You don't need to redirect the user to the edit form as this is done by save and continue. You also do not need to save and continue if you like to move the user on to some other page.

If none of this is your scenario, could you please describe what you are trying to achieve?

Kind regards

Enrico

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

‌, thanks for your answer. I have solved my scenario, I just am guessing why those attributes are present there when I set "Save and continue", and how can they be used.

I'm guessing the same you mention, why I should redirect or close if I am Saving and Continuing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Good to see your scenario is solved.
Could you mark the thread as answered to help others identify it as solved?

Kind regards

Enrico

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I need to solve how we can use the following configuration

"Save and Continue" with "Close the form"= Yes

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I'm still not sure I understand what you're trying to achieve.

When your users fill out the form and hit save, where do you want them to be afterwards?

If you want them to still be on the form to edit it further, you should only go with save and continue. Continue here means nothing else but continue editing the same form. Close the form doesn't make sense in this context as you only use save and continue when you explicitely not want to close the form.

Save and submit will essentially close the form after saving is done. Additionally if you set a redirection URL the form will save, close and afterwards redirect you to the page mentioned in the redirect URL. Isn't that what you wanted to achieve in the first place?

Kind regards

Enrico