Versioning and COM+

• 4 March 2006
  • 0 replies

Badge +2
Hi,

Below is the content of a support ticket that I raised, but which on reflection I suppose would be just as well put to the forum:

We are developing a workflow application containing a code module which makes calls into our own external components running in COM+, i.e. they extend System.EnterpriseServices. These components are obviously strongly-named and versioned and are installed in the GAC on the application/K2 server, then registered in COM+ to provide a centralised reference point for K2 and our own application.

The question I have is this: I can understand how we can handle the export of revised workflow versions which might reference different versions of our components - the GAC should allow installation of different versions of the same assembly. But how would we resolve this in COM+, i.e. how would we cater for different versions of the workflow referencing different versions of our components when the components need to run in COM+ applications? Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!