Smart Object Event filter by multiple parameters.

• 30 August 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

I'm running a GetList method on a smart object,   however the field I want to filter by  has more than 1 parameter I want to give it.  

For example, I want to run a GetList  where StatusID is  '4', '8',  and '16'. 

How do I do this within a Workflow SmartObject activity?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

Im not really sure if i understood u right ,

but having multiple filteration parameters is already there , and u can use it an advanced condition to include AND/OR between each filteration parameter .

provide me some more info/screen shot for better understanding to me , in case no one else answered and i will try to help .

Regards.

Badge +7

Sorry , I wasn't clear.   I can use the filters for multiple parameters fine in  Smart Object Tester and Smart Forms.    

I'm not sure how to implement it into a Workflow Smart Object  Event.  aka K2 Studio.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear ,

From what i know , u will need to use list method , when u drag drop the smart object client event ,

and navigate to the specific smart object , expand it and expand the list method ,

in that case a filteration window should pop up , and for a reference for that scenario

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.4/webframe.html#smartobject_filter_-_using_list_method.html

just make sure you are using list method not single method

just in case i was mistaken and there was no filteration window popping up , u might want to use the input mapping window to pass parameters as inputs , these parameter will be used as filteration parameters .

hope this helps!

Regards.

Badge +7

I appreciate you taking your time to help.  

The problem I have is if I use the smart object list on an email event (like in the link) ,  I get a proper filter window in the wizard.    But for the smart object event I do not get any filter window.

Badge +7

I couldn't get it to work with a Smart Object event, but the filter did come up when using it setting a LIst for Destination Users.   Which is adequate for what we need it for.