Recurring "Task" for Managers to complete

• 12 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hi!

Trying to think of a way to make this as easy as possible for the User...

Each month, a group of Managers need to "certify" that they've done a particular task.

I would like an email to go to them automatically on a monthly basis, that would take them directly to the Nintex form and they can "certify" that they've completed the task.

The Sharepoint Form is really simple and is just their name and date.

I don't know anything about the "Tasks" App within Sharepoint.  Would that be something to look into?

Any thoughts? 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hey,

I would think of a scheduled site workflow to achieve this.

Set up a site workflow that assigns a task to all managers. 

Add a schedule to this workflow to run on the first of each month. (https://help.nintex.com/en-us/nintex2013/help/workflow/RootCategory/SharePoint/Nintex.Workflow.SchedulingWorkflow.htm)

If you don't want to work with tasks you could also have a list where each manager adds a list item with his name and date. Your workflow would then send a mail instead of a task, pointing your managers to the new form on the list.

Your schedule would be the same in both scenarios.

Would this make sense?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +6

Sorry for the delay, I didn't receive an email that someone replied...

Thank you for the reply.  That idea sounds great!  But unfortunately, I don't see where I can schedule Workflows on Sharepoint.  I've searched everywhere and Googled steps on how to find it, but all I find is the Workflow Settings feature.  Which is extremely non-Ux friendly and far from inutitive.  

I've created a simple list.  So now, all I need is to find some way to create a workflow that emails each Manager a reminder, along with the link to the List page.  Any additional help you can provide, I'd appreciate!

Badge +6
Thank you for the reply!