interop component in K2 Blackpearl KPRX file

• 25 February 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

I was going checking the Event Templates in K2.NET 2003 and the corresponding Event Wizard  in K2 BP. Could you please let me know what does Interop component mean? I checked the tool box but I could not find it.

Event Templates
Event Wizard
SQL DataUse interop component

Please help. 

Thank you

Aravindh

2 replies

Badge +10

Interop means interoperability.  Specifically interoperability with K2.net 2003 includes using K2.net 2003 Studio event templates in BlackPearl designers which is useful since not all of the event wizards have been ported over to BlackPearl.  In my testing these event templates work pretty good in BlackPearl except that you can’t access K2 Object Browser information (besides data fields and XML fields) with the 2003 event templates.  Of course those features weren’t available in K2.net 2003 so that makes perfect sense.  For more information review the following in the BlackPearl help section:

K2 blackpearl Getting Started Guide

K2 blackpearl Planning Guide > K2.net 2003 Upgrade and Backwards Compatibility > K2.net 2003 Upgrade and Backwards Compatibility

If you didn’t have K2.net Studio 2003 installed on your workstation when you’ve installed K2.net BlackPearl Studio you’ll need to follow the following steps to get the K2.net 2003 Studio event templates available in BlackPearl Studio:

http://k2underground.com/blogs/rambleon/archive/2008/11/05/how-to-get-the-k2-net-2003-templates-in-k2-for-visual-studio.aspx

Note:  If you add additional K2.net 2003 custom event templates after performing the above steps ensure that the template is visible in K2.net 2003 Studio and then simply reset the toolbox once again in BlackPearl Studio to make the new 2003 event templates visible.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Principal - Technologist

Caprivi Solutions Inc.
Toronto, Ontario 
Email:
tim.knechtel@caprivisolutions.com
Badge +3

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the mail.

I understand that we can use both K2.NET 2003 Activities (For using interop components) and K2 Blackpearl Activities in the K2 BP process file (KPRX file).

With Regards,

Aravindh