Installation grief

• 26 March 2012
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I am attempting to install K2 on my SharePoint 2010 test server environemnt within a valid Active Directory Environemnt (the corporate AD environment of which all users on all servers are authenticated in a single domain). It tells me repeatedly that I don't have access to do some specific things. I log into this box as the Admin and I install everything running 'Run as administrator'. The test server has been running great for months but now I am having issues only with K2.

The errors (all red x's) include (from the Configuration Analysis)

K2 Blackpoint Server::File System Permisions: 
    C:WindowsTemp - Value was invalid. Parameter name: sddForm
    C:Program Files- Value was invalid. Parameter name: sddForm

K2 Blackpoint Server::Registery Permissions
    K2 Performance Counter Group Permissions (no ore info)

K2 Runtime Web Services::IIS Permisions
    K2 Application Pool Settings - Value was invalid. Parameter name: sddForm
    K2 Application Pool Account Permissions (no more info)

K2 Runtime Web Services::File System Permisions
    C:WindowsTemp - adfarmadmin -  Value was invalid. Parameter name: sddForm
    C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpointWeb ServicesRuntime Services - Value was invalid
        Parameter name: sddForm

The reason I asking is because the ADFarm Admin account is also an administrator in the machine administrators group. It was also added independently just in case K2 didn't like groups. When I look at security for any of the above directories it clearly shows the account as Full Control. So - I am baffled. Any ideas from the fromt line?

Thanks,

Greg

5 replies

Badge +10

Just to make sure I understand the current state.  You are at this point just installing K2 into a current server, and getting these errors only in the configuration analysis tool is that correct?

Badge +2

That is correct (actually my 3rd attempt. The Test server is a Vm so I have restarted from the gold image 3 times so far.

Badge +10

Got it, so i think at this point this could just be an issue with the configuration analyzer.  Are you ok with Skipping that and just continuing on?

Badge +2

Yes - I will try and see what happens from there....will keep you posted.

Badge +2

It appears to be basically functional. More testing on the way. Thank you very much Chris for your reply. I was worried!

Greg