smartforms attachements

• 4 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,i want to attach a file with repeating control(so users can add multiple files) to a smartform ,save it to sharepoint and then open that file when a user opens that form.How can I achieve this in K2?

3 replies

Badge +2

You need to design View and need to add List Items which will show added document in Tabular format.

Badge +1

But I want to attach mutlitple files in a smartform then save it to sharepoint list and then bring it back and open it on the form.

Badge +1

Here is a partial solution:

1. Create a SmO to track documents that are being uploaded, with a Yes/No property to indicate if it's been uploaded or not (e.g., 'Has Been Uploaded?')
  2. Mark the above property as 'False' when a user completes your action for Saving the documents
  3. Create a K2 process to upload the document to SharePoint with 2 events.  First use the SharePoint Documents Event (Event Wizards -> SharePoint -> SharePoint Documents).  You will need to specify the path to the SharePoint list / library / document set where you want the doc to go.  Second use a Data Event (Event Wizards -> General -> Data Event) to update your document SmO's Yes/No property above to be 'True'.
  4. Once that's deployed and working you can start the workflow for all items that have been saved on your SmartForm.

That will get the document added to SharePoint, but getting it back is another problem!  If it isn't critical that people be able to modify the documents via your SmartForm, then simply get back the SmO you created in Step 1 and show them that in your documents List View.