Not applicable

concatenate multivalue with single value

I'm attempting to create a calculated value on nintex form that concatenates a single value text field with all the values of a multi value choice field.   IE: Text field contains "One",  multi-value selected is "Two", "Three", "Four".   I want my output to be  "OneTwo", "OneThree", "OneFour" .    Probably will put a separator between them.   so actually "One~Two", "One~Three" and "One~Four".

Thanks,

Brad

4 Replies
fhunth
Workflow Veteran

Re: concatenate multivalue with single value

You could do that with some workflow actions.

In case you need that information on the input form , you should write some javascript.

eharris04
Workflow Hero

Can you create a calculated field that displays the two fields together.. with the separator using quotations to notate not a calculation.

"Field1" "Field2" or (Field1)"~"(Field2)

Something similar to that should show it without a problem.  If you want more flexibility, JavaScript can do the trick.

Not applicable

I was able to do this in the workflow by using the regular expression tool to split the multiple values of my second values into a collection variable.  I then used a for loop to concatenate the first variable with each member of the collection using the build string action.

eharris04
Workflow Hero

Brad,

Thanks for sharing that.  Any chance to at least show the workflow actions so others can potentially do the same.