A few beginner questions

• 13 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

HI, I'm just getting started with SmartForms and am looking for a couple of answers. I'm migrating from InfoPath, so I'm probably just looking in the wrong places, but my google/forum searches haven't turned up any answers yet.

1. Is there a way to add a top border on a table row? What about a background color on a single cell or row? I've found information on custom themes, but I don't see that I can apply those at a cell-level or on just a single row.

2. Is there a way to apply an "OR" condition to a rule? For instance, If a drop down is 1 OR 2, hide certain fields. I'd like to avoid duplicating a rule, since I need to hide a number of fields and I don't want to type the rule for each choice (I can't put them in a single table either).

3. Is there a way to concat fields, or run a formula? Possibly using a data transfer or control change rule? For instance I'd like to join FirstName + LastName into another field that can be used as the process Folio on submit.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

DK

2 replies

Badge

For (2) - Try using an advanced condition where you have the option to set AND/OR condition

For(3) - You can concatenate fields by creating expressions: Concatenate(field1,field2).

http://help.k2.com/helppages/K2smartforms1.03/webframe.html?sf_-_calcexpression_-_operators.html#SF_-_CalcExpression_-_Operators_-_Text.html 

Badge +5

Thanks Abhi, that got me going in the right direction.

1. I found out that you can use a label, with the literal checkbox checked, to insert small amounts of html. Using that, I was able to insert an <hr> tag with a 100% width to accomplish the same thing. I still think they have room for improvement in this area, but this is great for now.

2. I hadn't seen the advanced condition yet. I'll give that a go.

3. "Expressions" were what I was missing. I knew how to concatenate, but didn't know how to get it in to the form. 

Thanks again,

DK