Workflow Actions are missing.

• 26 February 2015
  • 18 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to Nintex, so please excuse me happy.png

I restored a copy of our production data to our development environment, including the Site Collection Content DB and the Workflow Content DB.

Now, when I go to create new workflow, all the Actions are missing - see attached screenshot.

I have de-activated and re-activated the Nintex Workflow 2013 feature (on site and site collection level), but still not.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

18 replies

Badge +2

Hey Nico,

navigate to the Site Collection Administration and have a look in the section "Allowed Workflow Actions" if there are every action is marked!

If not, mark every Action and click save. After that every Action should be available in your Workflow Designer.

Hav a nice Day

Christof

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Please check Christof Meyer​'s suggestion as this could be your solution. If not, please post back your findings.

Badge +2

Hey Nico,

I hope this suggestion has helped you happy.png

Cheers Christof

Badge +4

I am having the same problem all the workflow actions are lost. I looked in manage allowed actions and they are all ticked and I still can't see any workflow actions.

Any help would be great.

Priya Chohan

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Try to reenable the workflow feature for that site.

Badge +4

Will I lose saved workflows if I do this ?

Also a collegeue of mine is able to work with nintex workflows and view the workflow actions so its a user issue.

Priya

Badge +4

Ok I re enabled the workflow feature for that site but its not worked.

Any other solutions ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, so this is a new symptom. One user on the same site as you is able to see all the actions, but you are not?

Badge +4

yes that is correct.

Badge +2

I don't want to hijack this topic.

I have the same issue.

Using the same account/PC, when I go into a specific site, I can only see a limited number of Workflow Actions, however when I go into another site, I can see all (I think) Actions.

Badge +2

I found the reason.

I was looking for the action Wait for Check out Status Change and it's not available when creating a Site Workflow.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Apart from looking at the Manage Allowed Actions at the site level or site collection level, also check in Central Administration -> Nintex Workflow Management -> Manage Allowed Actions.

cheers,

Vadim

Badge +4

Hi Priya,

This has been fixed before by removing the user from site permissions, then removing the user from the site collection (this is a specific menu option on the Site collection permissions page). Re-add the user at the site level, this should fix the problem.

Badge

Thank you so much!! Workflow Actions fully restored!

Is there something we might have accidentally done while editing a workflow that turned off all the 'Managed Allowed Actions' in the Central Admin without us intentionally going in there and turning each of the available actions?
(We installed Nintex, literally yesterday, so we're still rounding the learning curve)

Badge +3

I am having the same issue as Priya Chohan above.  

1. There are other users who have Workflow Actions available, but I do not
  2. All the Allowed Actions are "checked" in Central Admin.
  3. I have removed my id from the Site Collection and added it back, and that did not resolve the issue.  

Please advise.  Thanks,

Chuck

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Are you a site collection admin only on the site? Can you add yourself as a designer or another role? Have you checked that your account is listed as an allowed designer? On the Site Settings page, under Nintex Workflow, click Allowed workflow designers

Badge +3

Thanks for your response. 

I am a site coll admin, I'm also in an Owner's group.  I am in the list of Allowed workflow designers. 

I should add that I've been using Nintex for over a year in this site collection.  I was actively working in Nintex in this site collection and then one morning it just didn't work.  I have another web applicationsite collection in this farm where I do not have this issue.  Please advise.

Chuck

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

There are some great advice in what to troubleshoot in this post. I'll suggest that if these didn't help your situation that you could start a new post and give as many insights as you can, even a simple screen shot could help give more detail. Doing so will provide more visibility of your issue to the community and other members can help and respond to your post.