Nintex Startform Editing

• 14 October 2017
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

So a little system background before asking my question.

I am using Sharepoint 2013 with Nintex Workflow, I've created a List workflow along with the variables I require. Office Infopath 2013 is installed and validated that it can be used to open and edit Sharepoint forms for various lists etc.

I am trying to edit my workflow start form via Infopath since Nintex forms designer is not an available editing option within my environment. I open my workflow, select edit workflow, select workflow settings, click edit start form. From there I am only provided the option to edit the form from Infopath 2013. Once selected I am prompted to save my workflow, I briefly see the loading wheel and then nothing.

What might cause Infopath to not open the start for for editing?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm,

I'm not using InfoPath but maybe this helps:

InfoPath Forms 

It states to set the form type to InfoPath before editing the form.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Enrico,

Thank you for the response. I had browsed that post prior to this submission and still to no avail. I'm working with my site collection administrator to see what might be causing it.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I see.

I'd check if the required InfoPath site collection feature is enabled properly. The feature status should be Active as shown.

209695_pastedImage_1.png

No if you go to workflow settings and hit edit start form button and choose InfoPath it should ask you to save the workflow. Once done InfoPath designer should open immediately (showing you a blank form if you don't have any variables on it).

If it still doesn't can you please go to Internet options and check if the site is marked as local intranet or at least as trusted sites? If not it may prevent opening InfoPath designer for security reasons.

209723_pastedImage_4.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Enrico