Issues with group manually running Nintex 2010 workflow. Access denied when they run it.

Badge +2

Hello. I am a very new to workflows (Nintex 2010). How do I set permissions in the workflow to allow a supervisor group to manually run workflows? Keep getting Access denied when I test it with them trying to fire it off yet the workflows run perfectly for me. These users have either Read or Contribute rights to the library/lists.

Here is the error:

Error: The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.                      Access Denied

Please know I appreciate your help!!

Thanks

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi Denise,

The workflow runs by default with the workflow initiator's access on the site. So If a manager A starts the workflow everything the workflow does is performed with the user-id of Manager A.  There is a option to put all the update actions in a action set and configuring the action set to run with workflow publisher permission but this will make to updates to all the lists with your id, so just keep that in mind. Someone with just read access will not be able to update something.

I also see this often in Flexi tasks where the user is given access to the list but I forgot to give the user access to the Workflow Task list on the same site.  Is this maybe the case?

If none of these top two issues help with your situation can you tell me more about what the workflow is suppose to update and is it all in the same list or different lists?

Badge +2

Thanks Francois,

The Action Set only shows this option if at the root of the workflow. Testing it out now. Thanks again. Denise