seanlyt
Rookie

can i lock my form at a certain timing of the day

Hi all, 

I am a new user of nintex forms for sharepoint and i do not know all the techincalities so please help me out a lil here.

So, i have been using my form to collect data from my employees and using a company bot to run functions and generate documents based on this form. However, a limitation from the company bot is that we have maintenance at 11pm to 12am. Thus, if someone uses the form from 11-12, all their records will not be recorded down by the bot (despite its entry recorded in sharepoint custom list). 

Are there any ways to go about this? either a lock from the nintex form using rules or a workflow solution? 

for information:

i am using responsive forms (the one that are more user friendly) and not the classic forms (that looks more boxey and requires java script)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
kunalpatel
Collaborator

Re: can i lock my form at a certain timing of the day

@seanlyt .....do you use Nintex workflows? If do, then you can create 2 site workflows and schedule them to run at 10:45 and 12:15. First one will change all the permission to read only or view only and 2nd workflow will grant again. 

If you don't have Nintex workflow then you can work with your admins and create the PowerShell script to do the same and you can schedule it via Windows Task Schedule on one of the server of your farm.

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi,

On the save button add a disable rule to not allow it to be clicked when the hour is 23:00. (11pm)

This disables the form from 11:00pm to 11:59pm.

The same rule could also be used in a validation rule on the save button which may be even better as you can add a message advising that the form cannot be saved due to maintenance.

equals(formatDate(Current Time,"HH"),"23")

This will stop new entries and saving of a edited form.

kunalpatel
Collaborator

@SimonMuntz ....I like the approach but instead of disabling just the save button, I'll disable the whole form. Why allow users to waste time in filing the form !!!!

0 Kudos
seanlyt
Rookie

hi @kunalpatel

I do use Nintext workflow. but i question i have is that, if we change all permission to read only or view only, will this cause me to not be able to edit my list at the backend?
0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Depending on permissions you may not be able to change anything on the back end also. This would be what you would want right. You want no changes during the maintenance.
0 Kudos
kunalpatel
Collaborator

@seanlyt ....if you have a requirement that a particular account should have certain permission then you can grant it when changing other permissions to read-only.

0 Kudos