Siteworkflow to collect items based on several columns

• 28 February 2020
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Dear Nintex experts, I truly hope anyone can support me. I'm someone that learned about Nintex from all the people on this forum.

For my work I created a list to capture projects that are beining implemented. For each project I want a site workflow that runs everyday and checks projects for due or overdue milestones. I have in my form 10 fields for milestones (created in infopath), but offcourse not every project has 10 milesontes:

6605i7D62E5F98C2B8A0F.png

A milstone can also be completed, so a project manager should not get a reminder for a completed milestone. Therefore I created column if a milestone is active (milestone fields is not blanc and status of the milestone is not completed).

So for query list, I've configured in this way:

6606i3E136F889F220A60.pngHowever the projects are simply omitted and there are no reminders send.

When I do this for 3 milestones and 3 milestones are populated, then it works.

Anyone can help me to get this working or give me advice to change my approach?

Many thanks in advance!!!

2 replies

Badge +7

Um I may be off here, but those list query filter options can be tricky. Essentially you're doing something like If A and B or C and D or E and F. I think SharePoint calculates these in order doesn't it? You want (A and B) or (C and D) or (E and F) but I think it's giving you ((((A and B) or C) And D) or E and F). Google around for more on this filter order.

I might think about setting up calculated fields in the list. Milestone 1 Overdue, Milestone 2 Overdue, Milestone 3 Overdue, etc. You'd set up each to be Yes/No fields set with some formula like (IF Active = Yes And Due Date > Today Then Yes, Otherwise No). Then in your workflow you could set up the list query for Milestone 1 Overdue or Milestone 2 Overdue or Milestone 3 Overdue...and so on. You could also add these "overdue" fields to your list view if you wanted, so someone looking at the list might see which were overdue.

Does that help?

Wow thanks a lot Jeff!! You really saved my life!!!

I went for your approach, so simple ahaha.

I've created the additional columns Overdue1, etc. which contain the IF formula. Workflow worked immidiately as it should and have an additional KPI. 

However this works as I do have a column with today and a siteworkflow updates this every day. (today formula in caclulated column doesn't refreshes everyday by itself)