K2 Escalation in Sharepoint

• 22 January 2016
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

Hi All,

I have a Sharepoint list . Whenever a new item is added to the list , I would fire a workflow which should send emails.

The condistions to send email is :

- 2 columns would be tracked, “Issue status” and “Due Date”
- IF the “Issue Status” is active and PAST the “Due Date” then an email reminder / notification would be sent to the responsible party designated in the column. (At some specified time, e.g. A weekly reminder-similar to the workflow reminders)
- When this happens, a standard text would populate the “Actions Taken” so there would be a history of how many reminders have been sent out.
- After the “Target Due Date” reaches 90 days past the date and the issue is still active and reminders have been generated continually, then an email is sent to he manager of the originator.

Can Escalation be used to implemnent this ? Note that there will be no client event (User Task) here. 

I am not suer how to implement escalation with the rule check for issue status and Due Date

Appreciate any help .

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

2 replies

Badge +9

Satya

Excalations are only available as a part of User Task events within Designer. You may be able to replicate the functionality by using a loop. Have an event that checks data fields on the workflow, if a certain amount of time has past from the last notification sent, send another notification. If it has been 90 days since the start, send a notification to the manager instead.

Ian

Badge +6

Hi K2Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

I used Create Reference and For each loop to iterate through items in the list and was then able to send email by checking on the 2 conditions (status = Active and Due Date < Today's Date).

Where I am stuck is , I have to send email to the administrator if in addition to the above 2 conditions , a 3rd condition is also met . This condition is if difference in days between Due Date and Today's Date is > 90 days. I am not able to figur out how to check the 90 days condition.

Note that , I have called this workflow from Sharepoint Site A which in turns accesses Site B through Create Reference and For Each wizard. 

I have attached a screenshot of the Create Reference Wizard, where we can give conditions also .

The catch here is in the left drop down , we cannot use any inline function. Inline functions can be used only in the right drop down after the Operator dropdown.

The simplest solution would have been :

DayDifference(TargetDueDate, Now() ) > 90. But this simply is not allowed. Neither can I do something like 90 < DayDifference(TargetDueDate, Now() ). The reason is in the left drop down , only the referenced site's properties can be referred. We cannot even use a datafield.

K2 Veriso is 4.6.11

Kindly advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Satya

14836i5CE8A77F8FA2F21D.jpg