Pause until particular date picked and send email notification

• 4 December 2015
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +9

I have a library where a workflow is built using the state machine.

The final approver edits the properties of the item, and sets a date field  called “ReviewDate” to 6 months.

Then the manager saves the item, goes to the task associated with that particular item and clicks on approve.

What I need to happen is an email needs to be sent to the approver based on the Review Date. So if they picked 12/01/2016 then i need the workflow to send an email. This is what I thought would work, but it sent me an email after 5 minutes.

149641_pastedImage_3.png

Pause until Review date = Current Date.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I think that you need to calculate previously the quantity of days/hours and use the Pause For action, because on your current "Pause Until" action , it will take the current date of the day that is executed.

Badge +9

Do you mean use Calculate Date? If so how do I calculate that?  Sorry I need help with this piece.

Badge +9

I got it to work, still testing happy.png

Thank you for helping.

Badge +7

Do you really need to pause the current worklfow ?

Why not use a dedicated "scheduled workflow" wich, every day, will check if any item has reached his review date and then send the email ?

Badge +7

I don't understand...

If you want to test the workflow, you create an item whith "reminder date"= yesterday, an other one with "reminder date" = today and it's done !

Badge +7

(I smile too, thinking about waiting one year to test my annual sheduled workflows....)

Badge +9

LOL I have the date set to Monday so I should get an email notification this coming Monday. I didn't set the Review date to six months. LOL