Is there a way to delegate a flexi task to another approver using lazy approval?

• 8 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am looking for a way to delegate flexi tasks to another approver using Lazy Approval. I know this is possible if the approver clicks into SharePoint, but I wanted to know if the approver could respond to the request email and delegate the task through the Lazy Approval process.

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi Brittany Long,

You can add a phrase and outcome for delegation in the Lazy Approval settings. If this phrase is replied in the email, you can create a branch off the Flexi Task to perform actions based on this response. Here is the guide for lazy approval and you will find the settings for lazy approval phrases on Page 3. LazyApproval Guide: Nintex Workflow 2013 & Nintex Workflow 2010

But 1 issue would be to know who the delegated approver is. You can do this if you already know who you want to delegate this to. Hope it helps.

Badge +11

I think Kapil has the idea. You can add a field on the form for someone to delegate. And that field can be put in the workflow when the lazy approval goes to that part of the Flexi Task.

Badge +2

I don't actually have access to my Central Administration, and know my company won't let me change it for this site. I ended up adding the Delegate URL to the bottom of the notification email, so the approver still has to go into SharePoint. Kapil - You may be correct, but I can't test unfortunately.

Badge +11

You don't need access to Central Administration I don't believe.

Badge +2

When I try to create a new Lazy Approval phrase in Site Settings, my only outcomes are Approve or Reject. I assumed you could only change those in Central Administration. Is there another way?

Badge +11

Go into your workflow. You know how you can have Approve or Reject as an option? Add whatever Lazy Approval phrase you would like as an option.