Unable to export .nwf after W10 Enterprise edition upgrade.

• 30 January 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

I am having difficulty exporting a .nwf workflow after Windows OS upgrade to W10, I was able to do this from the same SP site whilst running W7 IE9. I am able to import a workflow in W!0/IE11 but not the reverse (I back up all my workflows). W10 shipped with IE11.713.10586.0.

When I click export I get the under button 'pop out' option to export but then nothing else, there are no files in the downloads folder either. I have checked Event viewer and again, nothing. I have tried this in IE64bit and ie32bit. pop up blocker is turned off.

Would be interested in getting this fixed as I now have a thin client next to my laptop to get over this.

Thanks for reading

John

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

haven't you tried to run IE in compatibility mode or to switch older IE version emulation in developer console?

Badge +4

Hi Thanks for the reply and yes I attempted both of those as well.

Thanks

John

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you try to export from workflow preview page or from within designer?

can you try 'Save as' and/or 'Open' options from popup dialog? maybe save default location is different from what you expect.

I would as well try another browser.

Badge +4

Hi

I am in this page:

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi John,

do you face any other problems with SharePoint and or Nintex too or is this the only one?

Does it happen in all workflows or just a specific one?

Does it work in Firefox?

Can you please ensure that your site is running as "Intranet" zone in your internet explorer settings?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +4

Hi Enrico

I am also getting the below issue however it seems to be related to the fact that I am running in 64bit.

I had to change the DOM settings in Internet Options/Advanced Tab/Security>Enable DOM Storage as I could not see any of the backgrounds on my SP sites, the below error seemed to occur at the same time, I believe the issue with exporting .nwf is one of the symptoms. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and the built in 32bit IE in W10. I have also added the site to the Intranet zone with no luck, I googled the below and was advised to put the tick back in DOM storage, obviously of no use to me.

Badge +4

Dear all

Many thanks for takin time out to assist with this, I have since found through your suggestions and troubleshooting with colleagues that this was not a Nintex issue but rather a non standard h/w issue that somehow corrupted the W10 image installed and therefore prevented the relevent pop ups from occuring.

Thank again and regards

John