2 instances for 1 process...

• 31 August 2006
  • 8 replies

Badge +2
Hi,
I have a very strange problem, I create a new process (API), and after that I go to the service manager & I can see 2 instances for the same process (same process id) & when I check the data fields, I can see all of them twice ?!?!
any way, I deleted the process & created it again from scratch, and nothing changed...
I tried to start other process & everything was OK.
I tried to restart the service.
thank you in advance.
Oron Kessel.
Malam - Israel.

8 replies

Badge +11
Hi Oron,

Are you sure you saw this in K2.net Service Manager? Wasn't it maybe K2.net Workspace? Where did you see the Datafields in Service Manager?

Have a look in your K2Log database's _ProcSet and _ProcRights tables. There's probably duplicate process definitions/rights in one of these two tables.

Remove the duplicates and it should be fine.

Remember to ALWAYS make backups of the databases before you do ANYTHING on it.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +2
thank you ....i'll check it ...
and yes it was in the K2.Workspace sorry....hhh....my mistake...
Badge +2
Hi Ockert,
I checked this issue & no duplication in this tables....
what else should I do ?
Badge +11
Run the same report of the same process under a different user and see if you get the same result.

-Ockert
Badge +2
OK, i did it... my friend here see it just 1 time ...sooo it's a probem with my user.
i have duplicate rows in the _ProcRights table...
thank you.
Badge +13
What would cause duplicate rows to exist in _ProcRights table?
Badge +11
Sorry, no idea - I've just seen it once or twice before.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
Hi,

I have encountered the same problem.

The reason (in my case) is duplicate rows in the _ProcRights table. How did this happen? Only one user is affected (from potentially 4000).

Could someone from SourceCode maybe send a SQL Script to resolve this issue. It would feel more comfortable to run then something I create myself.

/d