cassymfreeman

Re: Workflows not continuing - Timer Service and Delays

Hey Tyler we had this exact issue and it was a nightmare with version 3.2.3.0.  We have now upgraded to 3.2.3.2. and it is fine. Doesn't look like version 3.2.2.0 is offered as a valid version now on product release page here - are you in a position to try an upgrade?

https://community.nintex.com/docs/DOC-1153-nintex-workflow-2013-release-notes 

0 Kudos
waltont
Apprentice

Unfortunately no, management says no patching as they don't want to change anything attached to sharepoint right now. I was trying to find something out here of someone also having the issue and an upgrade helped. I find it funny that there's no mention that anything related to pausing was fixed between version 3.2.2.0 and 3.2.3.2...

Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
waltont
Apprentice

One more question for you, which CU are you on? We are presently on October 2016. I noted that the update states CU April 2017, is that also required to be on 3.2.3.2? Were you on April 2017 when you updated to 3.2.3.0?

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

erm pass sorry that one is for our farm admins...

so basically we had serious timer issues with 3.2.3.0 and it didn't mention these on the release notes either - we were just told it was an invalid version and to upgrade.

0 Kudos
waltont
Apprentice

That's pretty typical of them. I already expected to encounter something like this. Since the timer issues have literally brought our system to a stand still we may have no option.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

I've always had excellent service from support so I can't comment on it being typical but it's definitely not clear in the release notes. All our workflows ground to a halt we had no choice but to ditch normal work to test 3.2.3.2 and then release. It was not a fun time  

0 Kudos
waltont
Apprentice

Don't get me wrong we get great support on known issues and resolutions, but in situations like this we're always behind on our updates because we have to go through a lengthy testing process to do any updates (it can take 3 months sometimes to do a full round of testing) so we are always testing something and updating to their "latest" version, and anytime we have problems they can't resolve or can't figure out, that's always their "go to" spot - Update to the latest version. By the time we update to the latest one, we get new bugs that are resolved and fixed in their next update so its a never ending battle of updates.

cassymfreeman

Yeah it's not ideal. I do get what you mean. We used to update twice a year and we decided to be more pro active with that and have now found ourselves in the exact scenario you're talking about above. I did start a discussion on ‌ which I'd be interested to have your take on. 

I guess the constant updates means that they are fixing bugs so that's a good thing but would rather there were less bugs obviously! 

0 Kudos
butlerj
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi Tyler,

There was an issue in release 3.2.2.0 that did result in issues with the timer service. This has been fixed in release 3.2.3.2, so I would recommend updating to the latest build as quickly as possible. Your timer service issue should then resolve itself. Please feel free to reach out to the support team at support@nintex.com for more information around that issue.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
waltont
Apprentice

We are currently working the issue with "Gabe P." from the support department. He's still focused around the fact that the timer service is to blame and not the version we're using. Thank you for the info. Perhaps you can contact that person for additional details.

Is there any work around for this issue other than updating to the latest version? I had hoped that restarting the timer service would resolve it, but we still have the issue after the timer service was restarted.