Upgrade Nintex Forms 2013 - Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet

Badge +9

I'm upgrading Nintex forms 2013 to the May 29th, 2018 version. It was a brand new install and we were already on April 19, 2018 patch. So only 1 patch behind.

When running the installer file it is stuck now for 3 hours now doing nothing.. I've checked the SharePoint timer services and they are running on the server. I'm using the farm account which was used when we first did the installation, it is being run on the same WFE, same permissions.. I've ran the same installer on Prod and it worked fine. So yes, it could be the environment, but any idea what could be causing it? 

Thoughts please!

Preparing files...
Detected SharePoint 2013 is installed
Installing Nintex Forms...
Restarting Web Servers and Timer Service...
Resetting Server(s):
UAT-APP0
UAT-WEB0
Stopping Timer service on server UAT-WEB0.
Starting Timer service on server UAT-WEB0.
Updating Solution Core Components
Resetting Server(s):
UAT-APP0
UAT-WEB0
Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting=3 seconds)
Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting=6 seconds)
Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting=9 seconds)
Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting=12 seconds)
Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting=15 seconds)
Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting=18 seconds)
Upgrade job for solution Core Components (NintexForms2013Core.wsp) is not created yet (time waiting=21 seconds)

forever......

Update: 

The installation seems to have gone through partially. When I check the version of the Nintex forms on one of the forms in a site collection, it says that we are on the most recent version. While in central admin it is still sitting at the old version number.

SupportAsk SupportChad Austin‌ 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Christine Mikhaiel,

Have you contacted support about this? They should be able to help you with your install.

Regards,

Euan 

Badge +9

Hi Euan Gamble‌, thanks for following up. Yes, that's what we ended up doing. We had to retract the solution and redeploy quite few times to get it going. This install seems to have been encountering multiple issues not just that so Nintex support team is now our friend, I think i know most of the names now happy.png we almost do a call every week to fix one thing and break another..lol.. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Christine Mikhaiel‌. 

Glad you were able to resolve your issue and having success with the support team.

Cheers,

Euan