WorkflowPreview page very slow

• 3 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there

Our environement consists of Nintex Workflow for Sharepoint 2013. 

We recently upgraded Nintex to a newer version: 

Current version installed is 3.6.2.0 

The database version is 3.2.6.3

We hadn't updated nintex in a long time, previous version was 3.0.8.0 (July 2014). 

Overall, upgrading went smoothly and nothing broke, except that the workflow preview page has become extremely slow (when it's even working). Up to 2 min to load a single page. Sometime I cannot edit an existing workflow and IE would simply crash or become unresponsive. 

The page is _layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/Preview.aspx?ListId=XX&Running=false&ItemId=XX&WorkflowId=XX&mode=Runtime&InstanceId=XX

The performance issue happens on every workflow, on every web site and every list item.

I have looked at the UPS log but cannot find any errors in particular, I have also ran a SQL profiler in an attempt to identify if the slowness could be coming form there but no luck so far.

I hope someone can give me some suggestions as to where to focus to try and understand where the issue could be coming from ?

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi @etienneg 

Thank you for your message, I believe this should be something that needs to be investigated by Nintex Support, could you please send a email to support@nintex.com and one of the engineers will assist you with this.

Many thanks,

Sumit

Badge +2

With the help of the nintex support team I was able to fix the problem.

It turned out this performance issue was related to the people picker settings, which was itself extremely slow because it was incorrectly searching in a decommissioned domain, ending in timeouts etc...

After removing the obsolete domain from the search, the people picker and the workflow preview pages started behaving normally again.

Thanks