Solved

Workflow with state machine and condition

• 20 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi there, 

I created a small approval workflow with a state machine which works fine until I place a condition inside a state.
Then the change state function gets stuck and won't enter the next state. (Workflow attached)

State machine starts with Cross Fct 1. I just added a condition to check whether a field is empty not. 

I've read through several forum posts and tried given solutions.
Unfortunately resetting the timer job, iis reset and also disabeling safe looping to test the workflow did not resolve the issue.

Working on prem with SP 2016 with the latest forms and workflow release.

Am I doing smth wrong?

Any help is highly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by DominikS 29 January 2021, 10:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

In the image you provided I see that you've named one branch of your state machine to "Cross Fct 1", but there is no indication that there exists a variable called "Cross Fct 1". Where are you setting its value? 

Additionally, can you provide an image of the workflow as shown via the Workflow History page? It would be helpful to see *where* its stuck in the process. 

An image or copy / paste of the actual timestamped history would be nice as well (which you can also get by looking at the Workflow History of the item the workflow is being ran on)

Badge +2

Thanks for the feedback.

I replaced the conditions with parallel actions + run ifs to workaround the problem.

I can live with that for now.. 🙂