ElNinto
Design Dabbler

Workflow with documents and approvals

Hello,

I am quite new to Nintex and trying to build my first workflow. I hope you can help me.

My workflow should do the following:

-the user fills out a form with various data and attach one or mutliple documents

-The data and the documents must be reviewed by the supervisor of the user (who should not be able to alter data, only add a comment, if he rejects)

-If he rejects, the data and documents should 'go back' to the creator, who can alter the data, see the documents (but must not be able to change or attach new documents)

-If the supervisor approves, the data and documents should be stored in a list or library in a way, that it can easily be reviewed but not changed (neither by the user, nor by the supervisor)

I tried to do different approches, but nothing worked:

a) Generate a list with fields for the data, build an item form and let the user attach the documents to the form. Used a workflow, which starts at item creation and uses a flexi task to ask for approval/rejection. In this version I had the following problems:

- How can the supervisor see the attached documents?

- Where are the documents stored, so that I could later review them?

b) Generate a library with fields for the data. Use an item form to ask for the data. Then use a workflow to do permissions like in a). In this version I had the following problems:

- How can the user add mutliple documents?

- How can the supervisor see the document(s)?

In both cases I wanted to copy the data in another list or library at the end of the workflow, where the users and supervisors have read only. I am also not sure, if this is possible / the best method.

For your info: I can not use web services, since they are disabled because of company IT safety rules.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Workflow with documents and approvals

Hi,
If you do not get a solution for this post I suggest finding yourself a Nintex Partner to help you develop this solution.
https://www.nintex.com/resources/find-a-partner/
0 Kudos
ElNinto
Design Dabbler

Re: Workflow with documents and approvals

Thanky you for the tip. Our company booked weekly calls with an external partner. They gave me some advice, but I could not get it to work. Everytime I get stuck, I have to wait 1 week to get some advice and I can not make any progress in that time. That's why I asked for help here.

Btw.: I don't know why the topic is in Nintex for Salseforce, it should be in Nintex for Sharepoint. I guess I misclicked. If a moderator reads this, please move the topic to the correct forum.

0 Kudos