Associating Task controls to a specific / custom Task list versus default Task list

Badge +7

I have 5 different workflows and each have unique tasks being created.  I have created a separate custom task list separate from the main list, with categories to identify each item in the task list.

My question is how do I get the 'task controls" in the different workflows to use the "task form" from the custom Task list?  Specifically the "notifications" and "actions" that are used by the control.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

export task form definition from an action in first workflow and import to a task action in second workflow

Badge +7

I do not believe you understood my question.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

could you explain it  a bit clearer?

I understood it you want to have the same task form in different task actions in different workflows...

did I miss anything?

Badge +8

Hi Dina,

You could create a new task list for the entire workflow using workflow settings -> TaskList -> Create new and then the assignflexi task would then show your custom columns you need to customize the task form.

Regards,

Shrini

217101_pastedImage_1.png

Badge +7

So, as a follow-up to my original question, I have 6 workflows associated with 2 lists.  This was what I came up with as a solution:

I created 2 lists; the 1st is a regular custom list and the 2nd a Task list.

I have 2 site workflows checking for expiration dates on list items from the main list (1).  When the expiration date is within1 week and the other checking for dates expiring within 3 weeks.  When the criteria is met, a notification goes out to the group, notifying them the item is expiring in  or 3 weeks respectively.  The Site workflow creates an item on the (2nd) task list and that new task item is associated with the item on the (1st) main list.

Site Workflow 3 week expiration date

Then from the main list (1st) I created the main form and main workflow.  There are intentional extra steps/branches created in this workflow, just to make it easier to understand and decipher for someone looking at it for the first time:

Main Workflow

Then, from within the main list (1st) there are subjective tasks depending if they are answered yes or no, in two different sections of the form.  Here is a snapshot of one of the workflow associated with those tasks, if answered "No.":

Main List Workflow 2.png

Then I have a workflow associated with the Task List (2nd), for assignee changes:

Task Workflow

I have conditional starts for all of these, but essentially, I wanted to share how I created a main list and an associated custom "task" list.