Value cannot be null. Parameter name: workflowType Error

• 27 March 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

I have a very simple getting started workflow wherein on clicking a button in a smartform i start a workflow and send a mail using the sendmail event in an activity. However as soon as i press the button in first form i keep on getting this error(looking at the error list in k2 workspace):

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: workflowType

1 reply

Badge +7

How are you starting the workflow?  You can start it from adding a rule on button, or you can start it from tieing your workflow (integrated from the workflow design) into a SmartForm or SharePoint event.  

An easy way to learn this process is to build your form, have it add data to a data source.  Then go into K2 studio, start a blank K2 process.  Go into your Process Wizards and throw the SharePoint or SmartForms event onto the start button.  My SmartForms testing goes to a SQL server Stored Procedure, so I will put a SmartForms event...putting in the Test form that I'm working with into the wizard, then selecting the Submit button event that it should automatically detect.  

I can throw some images up for the testing process that I go threw if it will help you out.