Destination Queue question

• 28 March 2007
  • 1 reply

Badge +2
Hi

We have a workflow application that can send out approval requests to groups of users. At the moment all users are spread across destination queues that map to AD groups appropriate to the user's role within the company. We currently have 38 desination queues on our K2 production server. With the introduction of about 20 new roles (each of which can be fulfilled by a number of people) for users who will approvers we have a requirement to add an additional 20 destination queues.

So my question is simple really. Are 58 destination queues going to present a significant performance impact over 38? I'd also be interested to know if there are better approaches to what we're trying to do - I wont get the chance to change the architecture before we do a release to production but it will be worth considering alongside changes we will need to make to our app in the near future.

Many Thanks
Tim

1 reply

Badge +13
Are you using dynamic queue or single activity for queue?
Change the queue refresh rate to be longer than 10 minutes so it's not constantly refreshing 58 AD groups every 10 minutes.