NintexNewb
Scholar

Workflow that automatically logs date and time when a ticket field is changed

I'm building a tracking system within a SharePoint list and using Nintex forms and on the form there is a field for status for the list item (ticket) Open, Assigned, Active, Closed I'm trying to figure out how to build a workflow that will auto log the date and time into a column when the list item (ticket) is created and then moved into a new status.  Like this screen shot I took from another system I found. Any insight is appreciated 🙂 Workflow Status Date and Time.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BigBlockChevy

Re: Workflow that automatically logs date and time when a ticket field is changed

• create an external audit log list with all neccessary information that are needed to be logged as columns with a uniqe ID to be included to be refrenced in the last step
  • in the workflow create variables that will correspond to above columns
  • add a create item action that will log each variable above into the list item created
  • add "commit pending changes" action in the workflow
  • if you want to show the log on the form add list view control that is connected to the audit log list and filter with the unique ID created earlier
  • all you have to do now is set workflow to start when items are modified

this is just how i would go about doing this, i havent done this and just wanted to give you an idea on how to approach this

let me know if you need help or if you are stuck

NintexNewb
Scholar

Re: Workflow that automatically logs date and time when a ticket field is changed

@BigBlockChevy Thank you so much for this! I just saw it now because I had given up on getting help! I am going to try this out and see if I can get it! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this out! 

0 Kudos