Approve / reject buttons in infopath form

Badge +2

I recall a couple of years ago I set up a few infopath forms with approve / reject buttons in, that would then approve or reject the nintex approval task. (This was with Nintex WF 2010).

I've been looking for something similar for 2013, but can't find any documentation. The original doc I used had a step by step example on how to set it all up. Does anyone know where I can find this for Nintex Workflow 2013?

3 replies

Badge +11

Hi Nigel,

you can customize your task forms with InfoPath directly from within your Nintex Workflow. When configuring the task in your nintex workflow, you find something like "customize task form" in the ribbon. Depending on the tools available and the features activated, you can choose between Nintex Forms and InfoPath to customize the task form.

From that point you should be able to use InfoPath as you did with 2010.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +2

Hi Philipp,

Thanks - I've taken a look at that and it looks reasonable, and if I can't figure out how I did it before I'll go with that method. What I want to be able to do is incorporate the approve / reject buttons into the form itself, so that when the approver goes in to view all the details, they can click a button there and then to approve it. This screenshot is from a few years back from my old job with how I did it, but I've got the memory of a goldfish and can't work out how I did it back then. Sadly the data connections were in udcx files which I no longer have, so I can't check what they contained (or look at the workflow... I'm lucky I still have a screenshot)

184374_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +2

Thanks Frank. I'm in the UK so was asleep happy.png