Workflow task outcome automatically marked as 'not required'

• 21 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

We have an approval workflow in a document library. For some reason when the workflow ran for a document today, the outcome of a flexi-task was automatically marked as 'not required', prompting a Not Required Notification right after the initial Task Notification. 

Below is the detailed history of the workflow:

18887i648184D5F1D024DF.png

When you go through the workflow status page and look at the task, the outcome is displayed as 'pending':

18889i040466543C5894EC.png

The workflow is still in progress and the task assignee can still access the task through the workflow status page. 

This is potentially misleading to approvers as they may think the task no longer require their action, when in fact no one has actioned the task yet.

Thanks,

Josh

3 replies

Userlevel 2

Can the assignee still action the Flex Task?

Is 'not required' the default item of felxi task?

The assignee can still access and action the Flexi-task by the original link or via the workflow process page.

Not sure what you mean by 'not required' being the default item - can you elaborate?

Thanks,

Josh

Userlevel 2

Hi Josh,

I meant default outcome in case of auto-approval/escalation.

It doesn't matter if answer to my first question is 'yes' and the task can still be executed 

Doesn't look like a known issue, this will need a deeper investigation of your workflow and the environment. Best approach is to contact 'Nintex Support', they can thoroughly check and advise

Regards,
Ashish