Lookup Username based on Employee ID

• 8 December 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

I would like to retrieve the username from the SharePoint User Profile (or) Active Directory based on the provided Employee ID. Is it possible to show it on the Form (or) Is it only possible to get when the workflow is run.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi, what do you mean with Employee ID? Do you mean a kind of custom personal staff number?

If so, you can publish it to the user profiles either by synching from the Active Directory (if it's there) or by just adding a new property to the user profile and populate data to it.

Once the property is in the user profile service and you populated data to it, you can access it in Forma as well as in Workflow by using the userProfileLookup() runtime function (Forms) or the Query user Profile Action (Workflow).

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +5

Hi Enrico,

Yes, we have personal staff number in the SharePoint profile. I would like to get the user information from the profile based on the Staff ID number. I will pass the Staff ID number from the Nintex Form/Workflow and will retrieve the User information. Let me try out how I can pass the ID number from the Query User Profile. Appreciate if you have any reference post, please let me know. Thanks Enrico.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hm, I'm not sure if I understand you right. Whats the difference in your personal staff number and the Staff ID? Are they the same?

In general you can only query user information by the login name of a user. Here is an example for Forms

Best regards

Enrico