How to send 1 bulk email to everyone on a list using a site workflow

• 22 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +6

I have a signup list and I need to send 1 email to everyone on that list. I have attached the test list and site workflow. The workflow does not error, but I do not receive an email.

*I think I have the collection variable configured wrong. 

*Basically trying to create a "dist.-list" of people from the sign up list and store it in a variable so I can email the "dist. list".

8 replies

Badge +17

Is this running on SP 2013?  For your site workflow, you have the query list correct, but the next action should be for each which will go through each item in the collection. As long as you are querying the emails as individual items for the collection, you will then pull those out one by one and add that as part of the variable.  

See that attached workflow. I also added a few log to history to show you what may be outputted at that time during the workflow. Be sure to select the correct fields during the query process and you should be good to go.

Badge +6

We have SharePoint 2016, Nintex Workflows and Forms 2016.

I get the error on the for each action. "Failed to send notification. Cannot get the full name or e-mail address of user "2_.000".

Should I have a "email" column in the list to reference instead of the people picker "name" column.

Badge +17

Emily,

You may have to check and see what is happening with the trascription of the user name. It may be easier to store just the email addresses in the list. You could also use regex to strip out the characters and return just the emails during the for each loop. 

For example mine was returning this back for my name i:05.t|auth0|eric.harris@nintex.com so I would apply regex before it to extract everything after the last "|" and then save that as the variable to use for the email.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

What you're getting with that "2_.000" is the ID of the item you're referencing. I'm in 365, so I can't load your workflow, but check and make sure you're pulling the correct column and that you're formatting it (like Eric mentioned). I might be able to help more if I could see a screenshot of the overall workflow and of the configuration of the main parts?

Badge +6

I got it to work, I had to add a people picker column to the list that resolved with the user's email.

When I used that column and emailed the collection variable, it worked.

*I attached the list file and the workflow file for those who want to do something similar.

Badge +17

Emily this is good and glad you were able to get it to work. Also thanks for sharing the resource as well. Would you like to publish this as a solution template on the Nintex Xchange :-). 

Badge +6

Yes, how can I do that? I am not familiar with Nintex Xchange.

Badge

Hi Nintex,

Greetings!

Is Nintex capable of sending bulk emails i.e. 30K approx emails daily though Nintex Workflow?

Please confirm.

Regards,

BJ