Error in task. The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable

• 11 July 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

We're getting this error at the point where a flex task is assigned:

Error in task. The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. 
Parameter name: value

The task gets assigned but then immediate turns around because the workflow is generating this error, sends out a "No Response Required" email.

We've looked that variable that we're using for the due date.  It is a Date and Time variable with 7 days added to it to calculate the due date.  

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
I have tried to replicate this issue but I cannot.
What version of SharePoint are you using and what build of Nintex Workflow.
Does the Task also have a Task form?

Do you really need to use the Due Date functionality as this feature is only used when using Nintex Mobile to order the tasks in the Nintex Mobile app as per the help files for this action.
Badge +5

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I have it working perfectly in one workflow and my colleague is receiving this error: Error in task. The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value

We're on SP 2016 and using Nintex Workflow for SharePoint 2016.

We have a variable called varDueDate that is calculated in a Calculate Date.  It is the current date plus 7 days.  We use varDueDate as the due date in the flex task action.

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
I tested again but this time in 2016 and I am still not able to replicate this issue.
As I ststed previously do you need this functionality? What were you using the due date for? As advised in my previous post this functionality is only used to order the tasks in Nintex Mobile.
Badge +5

We are using that field to set the due date for the task.  Where in the documentation does it say that the due date is only for the mobile?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
Hi,
I am not sure what sort of functionality you are expecting when the task becomes due but I am guessing its not what you are thinking. If you are expecting some sort of notification etc this will not happen. You need to use the task reminder functionality for this to occur.
If you look at the help files for the Flexi Task and look at the Due Date setting you will see a note that says:
Note: Nintex Mobile apps sort tasks by due date.
https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Workflow/ActionsCore/FlexiTask.htm