How can i delete work list items

• 23 June 2004
  • 9 replies

Badge +1
Hi i have built a process. I did submit few form applications for testing but now i want to make system live. I need to delete all old list items i created while testing. Please advice me how.

Regards
Jean => jean@belay.co.za

9 replies

Badge +4
icon-quote.gifjean:
Hi i have built a process. I did submit few form applications for testing but now i want to make system live. I need to delete all old list items i created while testing. Please advice me how.

Regards
Jean => jean@belay.co.za

I am trying to figure out that same thing. I have a sample doc approval process where I've uploaded some documents into Sharepoint (which creates instances of the process). Ran into problems with the approval page and ultimately deleted the documents from Sharepoint... but the tasks still appear in the Workspace worklist. Is there no way to remove these??

NEWS FLASH!!!!!
Instances of a process may be deleted using K2.Net Service Manager. Browse to the process, double-click "Instances", search for the instances in question, click the check box for all intances to be deleted, click the Red 'X' button to delete.

Now if there were only a way to delete an entire process out of the system... :roll:
Badge +4
Instances of a process may be deleted using K2.Net Service Manager. Browse to the process, double-click "Instances", search for the instances in question, click the check box for all intances to be deleted, click the Red 'X' button to delete.

Checking the "Delete Log Data" option in the dialog will also delete the data used for the Workspace reports.

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to delete entire processes from any of the management tools...
Badge +2
I'm also trying to delete Workflow items. I tried deleting instances through the process manager, this is fine, but when I search here it only shows active instances. Ideally I would like to delete all of the completed workflow items I created through testing. Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this?

Thanks,

Chloe
Badge +8
The simplest (and easiest) way to have empty db's is to make a backup of the "clean" K2 and K2Log databases after installation has completed. This way you can just detach the old db's and re-attach the ones backed up after installation. But I guess this will only help for future installations :)
Badge +1
The next question that follows from this is:

If the instances were deleted using Service Manager but the Log Data retained, is it possible to subsequently delete the Log Data (without using dc's db approach?)

Regards,

Rob.
Badge +4
Hi all,

There are some UNSUPPORTED sql scripts that clear out the DB of all process instances. I am not sure that they also clear out the process definitions themselves.

The only supported method is to make a backup copy of the DB prior to exporting any processes from Studio as mentioned. I think that these backup Dbs can also be imported from another clean installation, but maybe Ockert can confirm such a suggestion.

This is a common question in the forums and maybe it is time for a FAQ or something similar to be added here or on the SourceCode web site.

Regards,
Graham
Badge +11
The only supported method is to make a backup copy of the DB prior to exporting any processes from Studio as mentioned. I think that these backup Dbs can also be imported from another clean installation, but maybe Ockert can confirm such a suggestion.

Sure, as long as the imported Dbs are from exactly the same K2.net 2003 version. Something to remember though, would be change the License Key found in the _Server table of the K2 database.

This is a common question in the forums and maybe it is time for a FAQ or something similar to be added here or on the SourceCode web site.
If only I had the time. It has been something that I have been thinking about for a long time now. Maybe it should move a bit higher on my priority list. Maybe I'll start an FAQ together with the next major version of K2.net.

The big question is: If clients/partners/members/people (whatever) does not take the time to search the forum and Kb articles, WHY WOULD THEY SEARCH AN FAQ??

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +4
Hi Ockert,

It would then be easier to say:

"Read the FAQ"

rather than

"This is not possible... unsupported SQL scripts... contact local...."

at least for me anyway :-)

Graham
Badge +11
Hey Graham,

Point taken!!

OK, here goes... To anyone who reads this post...

Before you post a question, please:
1. Search the forum
2. Search the knowledge base
3. If you can't find it, it's probably not possible, except through unsupported SQL scripts. Please contact you local support office. :D
4. After at least a week of suffering, please feel free to post your question on the forum.

Let's see if this helps.

Regards,
Ockert

PS!! Please don't take this seriously. We like the interaction on the forum. Keep it coming!!