Not applicable

Workflow not starting on conditional modification

Hi, I have a workflow which runs when item is modified and a column (yes/no type) is yes. But, the workflow is not running every time the condition is true. It runs for some items and doesn't for some others. What could be the possible reason for such strange behavior of the workflows?

Thanks,

Ratnesh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
cassymfreeman

Re: Workflow not starting on conditional modification

Can you screenshot your startup configuration and examples where this works and doesn't please?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

WF_1.pngWF_2.png

These are the configuration images. Sorry cant share the field names. There are no specific scenarios where the workflow doesn't run. As you can see whenever the item is modified and above mentioned conditions are met, the workflow should fire. But when the items are modified and conditions are met, this workflow doesn't fire on some occasions.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

OK and you can't see any pattern with when it isn't running?

are you able to set up a test list and workflow which you can replicate the behaviour and share with us to help you troubleshoot?

Not applicable

Nope. No pattern. It is firing for most of the items and randomly doesn't fires for few.

vishweshwar
Novice

Hi Cassy Freeman,

I have the same issue but it is only happening when the items are continuously saving on the workflow list.

could you please help me on this.

0 Kudos
wilkies0106aw
Novice

If all field names are the same, chagne the first Equals to NOT equals.

Also I find sometimes taking the equation out of nintex/infopath and putting the equation in excel and doing it as an excel formula can help you see why sometimes "formulas" aren't working as you expect them to.

0 Kudos