Soap

• 4 August 2015
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi,

When save or publish the workflow, I get below error:

105366_pastedImage_2.png

More Error details from ULS log: The workflow was working well and was able to save & published many times. All of sudden I received this error and no clue what happend.

I am using a UDA to generate random number using Execute SQL and send email activities in the workflow.

Error adding activity to workflow.: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.Adapters.MultiOutputUtil.EnableActivity(Activity targetActivity, DependencyProperty multiOutputInfoProperty, PublishContext context)     at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.Adapters.NWQueryListAdapter.AddActivityToWorkflow(PublishContext context)     at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.Adapters.NWActionConfig.AddActivityToWorkflow(PublishContext publishContext) (Build:3120)

Web Service                  00000UnexpectedError saving from workflow export file.: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.Adapters.MultiOutputUtil.EnableActivity(Activity targetActivity, DependencyProperty multiOutputInfoProperty, PublishContext context)     at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.Adapters.NWQueryListAdapter.AddActivityToWorkflow(PublishContext context)     at Nintex.Workflow.Activities.Adapters.NWActionConfig.AddActivityToWorkflow(PublishContext publishContext)     at Nintex.Workflow.WorkflowBuilder.0iY=(PublishContext 0yY=, CompositeActivity 1CY=, NWActionConfig 1SY=, NWActionConfig 1iY=, RuleConditionReference 1yY=, Boolean 2CY=, ImportContext 2SY=, AssociationColumnCollection 2iY=, ImpersonationSequenceActivity 2yY=)     at Nintex.Workflow.W...
Web Service                  00000Unexpected...orkflowBuilder.xiY=(NWActionConfigurations xyY=, WorkflowConfig2010 yCY=, Guid ySY=, ImportContext yiY=, RootWorkflowActivityWithData yyY=, CompositeActivity zCY=, AssociationColumnCollection zSY=, XyA= ziY=, WorkflowType zyY=, PublishOperationTrackingCollection 0CY=, String 0SY=)     at Nintex.Workflow.WorkflowBuilder.BuildWorkflow(String wfName, NWActionConfigurations activitySet, Guid workflowId, String wfDescription, Guid listId, ImportContext importCtx, WorkflowType category, SPWeb web, PublishOperationTrackingCollection publishOperationTracking)     at Nintex.Workflow.Publishing.Publish.PublishAWorkflow(String wfName, NWActionConfigurations configs, Guid listId, SPWeb web, ImportContext importCtx, Boolean validate, SPContentTypeId contentTypeId, String changeNotes, String& publishWor...
Web Service                  00000Unexpected...kflowString)     at NintexWorkflowWS.PublishWorkflow(String wfName, String activityConfigs, Guid listId, String contentTypeId, String changeNotes) (Build:3120)

Thanks,

Krishna.@

9 replies

Badge +6

Hi. Did you find a solution to this error. I have the same problem too when I try to publish my workflow. Saving works fine

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Is it only happening on this workflow? Can you test it without your custom action?

See some related posts >>> Error Publishing Nintex Workflow  >>> Failed to publish workflow: Error in the application

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would check these posts first and see what fits. Once I've had this issue and somehow I lost the configuration of an action. Deleting the action and adding it back fixed it for me. In your case, could it be that the overall size of your workflow is very large? Export your workflow and check the byte size. How many MB?

Badge +6

Even a simple workflow with 1 'send notification' action brings the error

Badge +4

Did you rename a variable?

This has already happened to me when I renamed a variable, I had to reopen the actions that used it in order to set again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Working with the Temp folder may help, did the references above help in anyway?

Badge +6

I found out what the problem was. The Nintex Forms DB was not properly set up. I deleted the old one and provisioned a new DB (from SharePoint CA) and this resolved the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That would do it! Thanks for the feedback, feel free to mark your answer correct too

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Indeed thanks for posting the solution, it will be of great help to others.