1. I have created an approval workflow using State Machine.
2. State Machine has two states (State 1 and State 2). I need approvals from two teams (Team 1 and Team 2). I just need one approval from any member in Team 1 and Team 2.
3. Default State is State 1 (Team 1 approval). When one member of Team 1 approves it should change the state to State 2 (Team 2 approval).
4. Lazy approvals are turned on.
5. A member in Team 1 wrote 'Approve' in the email body and replied to the approval request email he had received from Nintex. But the status of the workflow is not being updated. It's not changing the state to state 2. Task ID was still there in the email. I was in CC field of the initial email which Nintex sent to Team 1.
Does he need to Reply All and include me while replying Approve?
is there any other reason why the workflow is stuck and not changing state? I don't think there is any issue in the workflow. When I had a single person in TO field of approval action workflow was working fine. When I added multiple people in TO field workflow is having this issue. Not sure whether it's due to adding multiple people in TO field our something else.
Solved! Go to Solution.
The task was not being updated. I was in CC field of the initial email that was sent by NINTEX to team 1. I asked Team 1 member to keep myself in CC and Nintex in To field of the email while replying Approve (lazy approval). This solved the problem. If Team 1 does not keep me in CC and just reply to Nintex then Nintex workflow won't change the state. So, ask Approver (whoever is going to approve the task) to REPLY ALL instead of REPLY to the email sent initially by Nintex.
@RAHULGANDHI .....Did you check your Lazy Approval and E-mail settings in CA? There is a chance that it's having your email address instead of Nintex e-mail.