Replicating items from 1st server to a 2nd Server

Badge +3

Hi K2 Community,

I was curious to know if there is an easy way to Replicate items, Forms, smartobjects etc. into a second server. We have a Production and Development Server. We will soon go live on the production server and we don't want to cause any issues while we continue to make changes. I know there is the check out and check in feature but we want to avoid that per we want to to a full push each month for a large update. Is this possible? I was looking to see if I could just copy a form or view but I had no luck I had to recreate it each time from scratch.

Thanks

3 replies

Badge +2

There are a few ways, If done in K2 studio oor K2 for visual studio you can just select the producation or whatever server and deploy,  there. Or using MSbuild,  or K2 Package and Deploymnet. Make sure that if you are using SharePoint you move that stuff over first to production, as well as make sure your databases are in the new enviorment before deploying SMO. Here are some links. I believe that is what you mean by replicate?

http://help.k2.com/kb000188

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/How-to-deploy-using-MSBUILD/td-p/31015

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi

The easiest and quickest way to "copy" you smartform and smartobjects is to use Package and Deployment.

Package and Deployment is a simple to use program that packages the smartform project and also gives the functionallity to redeploy the packaged project to a different enviroment.

(Please note always include all dependancies)

Download link - Download Package and Deployment

Reference links - K2 Package and Deployment User Guide
                               K2 Package and Deployment 4.6.7

Package and Deployment Installation and Upgrading

Kind Regards

Raymond

Badge +2

I would agree with Raymand, if it jsut a copy and paste you want to do then use P&D and follow his info. If you want to deploy stuff from development to production then there are other ways to do that which I posted some info about.