Workflow using flexi task

• 6 September 2017
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +2

I created two lists- Configuration list with two columns namely title and approver.title has some ids and this is a lookup column.The other list is Service list - with columns like- titlew(ids),workordercost,date and status.logic is to use workordercost, so if workordercost is less or equal to 600k- person a

workordercost is between 600k to 2million - person b

workordercost is greater than   2million - person c

I need to select the approver and id based on the workordercost when the workflow is run and send mail accordingly

what i did- my configuration list  and i gave my name as approver      

207302_pastedImage_4.png

1.Service list  

207304_pastedImage_6.png

2.My workflow

207306_pastedImage_8.png

207307_pastedImage_9.png

3.Send notifications are assigned to initiator and flexi task assignee is vApp(my variable)

4.Set variable

207308_pastedImage_10.png

5.written the logic in workflow settings when item updated

207309_pastedImage_11.png

6.my update action

207310_pastedImage_12.png

Am not able to trigger email and how to go about the process.

Please help .

Thanks in advance

7 replies

Badge +16

so you want to compare your current item workordercost with the items in the service list?

Badge +9

Because it is a lookup column value, try like below.

207297_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I'm sorry you description is not clear at all.

can you describe what's your business case? - what data do you get on input and what you need to lookup and update?

you says, you want to select ID and approver by cost, but you have 3 cost levels and 4 cost IDs. how these do match together? from your service list example there doesn't seem to be any logic between ID (titlew) and cost amount...

btw, your workflow start conditions are pointless, it always evaluates to true.

what did you want to achieve with this?

Badge +2

Hi ,

I know the total workflow is wrong.I dint know what action items to be used and ended up with  the wrong one.

I think Titles are not to be matched from both the lists.

i just have to see that "If WorkOrderCost is less than or equal to 600k, retrieve item with Title WOC1 in Configuration List "

I need to determine  item in config list to fetch  depending on WorkOrderCost.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so, should it work like

if WorkOrderCost <=600k then get from configuration list approver for WOC1

if WorkOrderCost > 600K and <= 2M then get from configuration list approver for WOC2

if WorkOrderCost > 2M then get from configuration list approver for WOC3?

Badge +2

yes

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

then I would suggest following approach:

- extend configuration list by two fields that will define lower and upper approval limit. this limits will then be configurable without workflow change. so config list might look like

207326_pastedImage_4.png

- and your query list will then look like

207325_pastedImage_3.png