Solved

Workflow design Question- Approve List Item then reassign

Hi all

I am in the beginning stages of completing a workflow to process change requests submitted by a user.  I have only created the basic workflows and this project requires something a little more complex. I want to make sure that these capabilities exist in Nintex before diving in. The following is what is needed:  

1. User submits a change request via Nintex form that creates a list item and starts workflow.  

2. The item is assigned to a group for review/approval.

3. If approved, the change request is assigned to an individual person to be "worked".  "Working" involves researching the request to see if it is within the project scope.  Possible outcomes are immediate closure because it is not within scope or elevation to the owner of the process that needs to be changed for consideration.  Once reply is received from owner, the person assigned to the item task closes with final outcome: change completed or change rejected by owner.  

I understand step one can be accomplished with a flexitask, but where I'm having a problem is assigning the next task to review the change request and elevate or close.  There is a group of about 50 people who will review the change requests for elevation/closure.  Each one needs to be assigned an individual item to work.  I cannot see a way to set it up that once the item is approved, the approver has the capability of "manually" assigning the next task by inputting a name to continue the workflow.

I appreciate any insight on if this is a possibility!

icon

Best answer by kunalpatel 18 May 2021, 08:56

View original

2 replies

Badge +12

@kodip try below approach:

• Create another list and also make sure you capture relevant information as a list column in this new list e.g. Source List Item ID, Source Item URL, etc.

• On this list trigger a To Do or Flexi Task workflow to respond to their task

• When the user completes it, change the Status (default value will be Not Started) on that list item to Complete

• Then Query the same list --> filter it on Source List Item ID --> Get ID and Outcome

• Check the Outcome Collection if there is any Not Started

• if it's then don't do anything

• if it's not then it means you got response from everyone

• You can then build a logic to capture responses from each task or just go to the main source list and complete the source request

@kunalpatel Thank you so much! That should do what I need it to do.