Expanding a field Vertically

Badge +9

I have been asked by a user to provide more room on a text field by expanding the field vertically.  How do I do this ?  Apologize for the newbie form question

13 replies

Badge +16

Is it multiple lines of text field? Are you using nintex forms classic or responsive? 

Badge +16

Ps never apologise about the question - bet you someone else will be so glad you asked it! 

Badge +9

Its a single text filed and I am using Nintex Forms classic.

Badge +16

Why don't you just use multiple lines of text field instead?

Badge +9

If I use multiple lines will this be an issue if I try to display all lines within an email generated from a Workflow.  In other words if Line 1 is Bad Meat Product and Line 2 is Received Refund then am I able to display

Bad Meat Product

Received Refund

in an email ?

Badge +16

yes the multi line should display just as it does in the field as it does in the email.

Badge +9

I also have a Lookup field in the Nintex form where the users are inquiring about the same issue:only 7 records are viewable without further scrolling.  Is there any way to display more records vertically for a look-up field ?

Badge +16

can you add some screenshots?  I have just created a list lookup field with more than 30 items in the underlying list, and my dropdown is around 30 items long without making any changes to the form?

Badge +9

Would you be able to send me a screen-shot ?  Due to all the security on external emails with attachments I am currently being blocked....Note I am signed into this forum from my home computer not my work computer as that is how difficult it is at work sometimes for me to work with external sites.  Thus, it would be great if you could send a screen-shot.  If not I will hand draw one....thx

Badge +9

Here is a sketch..As you can see only 7 dispalyLookup DropDown

Badge +9

Hi Cassy, I provided a screen-shot.  There are 2 issues ?  #1 - Only 7 records display without having to scroll down.  #2- I need to display more vertically as all the values in Product Type have gotten truncated.  thx

Badge +9

The other key piece I left out is Product Type is a Multi Valued Lookup Column.  Not sure if that makes a difference.  Apologies for omitting this piece of information.

Badge +16

for completeness anyone viewing this thread should look at this:

https://community.nintex.com/thread/18794-expanding-horizontally-a-multivalued-lookup-column