K2 Service continually terminates

• 4 March 2008
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a process writen in K2 .net 2003. My server service starts but then terminates almost immediately after starting and I get a 5252 error (no k2 server available). If I get into service manager I see a process which seems to be stuck. I cannot delete or stop it as the service manager hangs at that point and the service terminates. I have stopped all the other processes to make sure they are not interfering.

I used the console server service to try and monitor for errors, but I dont get any at all. The only error I get is a Event ID: 7031 error in the event viewer,which does not give much information.

Is there any way I can manually delete/stop the process, and can anyone give me an idea on where I can look for indications of what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance

2 replies

Badge +9

I have seen this in rare instances where the process run a piece of code which goes into a end loop. This causes an overflow and the K2 service to terminate.

Is this a development or production machine?  If it is a development machine, perhaps you can try restoring a clean set of K2 and K2Log databases.

If this is a production database, I would suggest logging a support ticket at the K2 customer portal and attach a backup of your K2 and K2Log databases for the support team to help you.

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply Johnny. I restored the database from a few days prior as we have no production on the machine as of yet and the problem went away.

I started the process again, an you are right, the process went into a endless loop and the problem reoccured. Once I restored again I was able to sort out the process.

Thanks for the assistance