Solved

How to perform Goto Activity in Deadline scenario in K2 FIVE

• 3 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi Mates,

We have requirment where we need to redirect the task to another activity if user havent take action on that activity for 2 days. 

In K2 4.7 we have GOTO option to move that activity to next level. How we can do that in K2 FIVE. I can see only expired option.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by FromKtoZ1 3 April 2019, 17:52

View original

3 replies

Hi  @Tan;

I remember in 4.7 we would even edit and and insert custom code using the goTo redirector but now

Using reminders in  k2 five can help you ,Reminders can be as simple as an email reminder, or more complex, such as redirecting the task to another user, Kindly go through this doc for more information on how to accomplish such desired goal https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.1/default.htm#Tutorials/Build/LeaveRequestExtended/07Escalation.htm

I hope you find this post helpful in resolving part of your issue if not all. Should it be helpful in any way, please mark it as such by "Mark As Solution" or "Kudo" as it will be of help to other members of the community who encounter a similar issue.

Best Regards,

Widson.

Badge +5

Hey NikTan,

You should be able to accomplish a GoToActivty for a Deadline using the Task Deadline Tab. 

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Five/UserGuide/5.1/default.htm#K2-Workflow-Designer/Use/Toolbox/Basic/Task/TaskTabs/07Deadline/Deadline-Tab.htm

On the Deadline tab, you will select "After Time" and input 2 days. Then on "Task Result Rule Behavior", you will select the "Create" link. This will create a new Deadline Result called "Expired".

We now we have an "Expired" task result. Notice that it is not linked to an action, which means that users will not be able to action the Expired task from the form. However, if you would like the Deadline to take a existing path, you can change the Deadline Task Result to a result that is already linked to an Action.

The final step is to add a Decision step for the task. I have the 'Expired' task result going to a Email Step; however, you could make this line go to almost any other Step in the workflow. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

K2Z

Hi K2Z,

Is there any way to trigger activity closure other than Deadline? I have created a task that needs to be closed on a particular date which will be selected by the user in the same User Activity

Regards,

Anas