Deploying the SQL report that gets it's data from smart object to another domain

• 20 April 2011
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +11

Hi

I made a report using sql reporting services and used the Activity_Instance_Destination smart object to get my data.

During the Creation of the report and to get the smart object to connect to a certain k2 server i supplied the Credentials of the OLD k2 server in the connection string which was as follows " Server=OLDK2Server;Port=5555;AutoAlias=true; ".

Now i deployed the report  another machine that is on another domain and another k2 server, but when i run the Report the following message appears instead of the report :

"

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

• Cannot create a connection to data source 'DataSource2'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

• Unsupported message type SENDPACKET

"

5 replies

Badge +9

Never seen that error before but could this be related to the cross-domain access.  Does it work if all the machines are in the same domain?

Badge +1

I have the same error, I encountered this one after the last update on my development environnement. Because of this, I can't access to the user browser and when I test the environnement server connection, I have  the details below :

System.Exception: Unsupported message type SENDPACKET
   à SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.ValidateAuthenticatedCredentials(String userName)
   à SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Authenticate(String connectionString)
   à SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Open(String connectionString)
   à SourceCode.Workflow.WizardFramework.Controls.K2ConnectionBuilder.TestNonWorkflowServer(RoutedEventArgs e)

Badge +11

you mean the KB001290 update on k2 4.5? yes it also appeared whith me since i am having more than one k2 server -each on different domain-

Badge +1

yes this one, it's just because the server wasn't updated. Now it's ok for me.

Badge +1

I have an Infopath form project and a workflow project that were developed using VS 2005 and blackpearl 807. I've converted the projects to VS 2008 on a server with blackpearl KB 1390. After publishing the form to the workflow, I try to Refresh the Infopath Integration and I get the following error. Any ideas what is causing this?

Unsupported message type SENDPACKET   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.ValidateAuthenticatedCredentials(String userName)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Authenticate(String connectionString)
   at SourceCode.Hosting.Client.BaseAPI.BaseAPIConnection.Open(String connectionString)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Common.HostedServers.Common.GetConnection(String connectionstring)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Common.HostedServers.SmartObjects..ctor(String connectionString)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.WorkflowFormTemplateEditor.GetSOObjects(InfoPathSOMethod method, PropertyReferenceCollection& soMethodInputProps, PropertyReferenceCollection& soMethodReturnProps, SmartPropertyCollection& soProperties)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.WorkflowFormTemplateEditor.AddSmartObjectDataConnections()
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.WorkflowFormTemplateEditor.UpdateXsn(FormTemplateObject ftObj)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.FormTemplateItem.WorkflowEnableFormTemplate(Boolean loadSmartObjects)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Design.InfoPath.FormTemplateItem.OpenInDesignMode(Boolean workflowEnable)
   at SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.InfoPath.ManageFormTemplatesPage.designItem()