Performance Consideration for repeating activities

• 29 July 2016
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi

I was wondering if there are any performance impact on the K2 server or the running process, or even limitations, if we have 2 activities that check a due date in "every day" interval?

Basically, I have "Activity A" that has 2 outomces. The first outcome will evaluate/run if the Due date is still in future, and the second outcome will evaluate if we reach the "Due Date".

The first outcome will go to an Activity that has a delay start rule of "One Day". Once the one day is reached, it will execute and return to Activity A to evaluate the 2 above outcomes again.

This is done to allow the Due Date to be changed at any time, and get picked up on the next day. I do not want to have the start rule on "Activity B" to be the Due Date, in case the referenced Item Due Date was updated.

Is there any performance impact on K2 or the process if it keeps looping everyday for say 2-3 years?

I hope I explained it well.

1 reply

Badge +3

Hi,

You may want to consider the number of instances that will be generated for tjhe server per day. The rules that are set are generally not much of a concern. If there is a large number of instances running per day then it may then affect the performance. But how large is large? You may have to check with the experts as the server specifications does makes a difference as well.