Auto Save without a server call

• 15 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

Hi there,

Is there a way to do an autosave on a Nintex form/sharepoint 2016 without having to do a server call? 

We have seen those posts, 

https://community.nintex.com/thread/18004-autosave-function-javascript and I'm aware of the Save and Continue option. But those still do a server call which makes saving refresh the page and reloads plus it gives an ugly user experience.

MS Office 2016 got the auto save now, I was hoping the same thing can be enabled for SP 2016 somehow. 

Any thoughts? 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Christine,

no. Sadly there is no such option. Right now Nintex Forms require the form to be sent to SharePoint when adding or updating items. As SharePoint (online) gets better and better in updating items with partial calls we may see this happen to Nintex Forms in the future too but right now it would mean developing the whole thing by your own.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +9

Thanks Enrico. It is sad that there is no way to do it now. I thought SharePoint 2016 got many of the features as SP online and was hoping to see this one as well. I'll see if we got a uservoice for it. 

I'm wondering is it possible to do it via Ajax? or are they (Nintex and Ajax) still not friends yet? 

Badge +9

I created a uservoice.. hopefully..

End-User Auto-Save without a server call – Customer Feedback for Nintex