How to restrict user to see only task list in workspace?

• 13 July 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

How to restrict user to see only task list in workspace and nothing else from the breadcrum menu bar?

Or in other words, how to show only task list to the user in workspace?

can anyone help me in this?

thanks

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

Yes this is possible by restricting the users which can see the tabs.

It is configured through the Security > Workspace Permissions option. By default no users are added to the list which means all users can see all the tabs on the K2 Workspace navigation bar. As soon as you add one user all other users will no longer see the tab. I would suggest that you add yourself to this list first (so that you can continue seeing the tabs) before adding any other authorised users.

For instruction on how to do this see the following section in the K2 Documentation:

K2 Workspace > Security Requirements (If you have access to help.k2.com, the same section can be found here: http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearl1350/Secuirty%20Reqiurements.html)

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Badge +3

Thanks a lot

The menu bar is hidden now but the Reports penal on left is still there. how to hide it? And if user clicks on any of its menu e.g. Process Overview, it goes to infinit loop and does not resolve. I would like to hide this penal too. Can you help me in this please?

Thanks

Badge +10

Hi,

I don't think you can hide the Reports panel on the left. Those are provided to all the users regardless.

If you need to only display the worklist consider building your own custom worklist in an ASP.NET application which will only display the worklist and nothing else. You can use the following section of the documentation as an example: Developer Reference > Processes > Accessing > How to retrieve the worklist of a user and open a worklist item (http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearl1350/Working_with_a_Process.html)

Regards,